Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Scope Manufacturer Warranties

I have said for many years, if the rest of the country conducted their business, as well as the firearm's, and optic's manufactuers, life would be a lot simpler. For many years I have had fantastik service from Thompson Center Arms, Ruger and several other firearms mnufacturers. You can add "Bushnell Optics" to that list.

I had an older model Simmons Aetec  2.5X10X44 /(PRIOR to the Master Series line of scopes). The scope had served me well for a number of years on three different rifles, and recently developed some internal fogging. Since Bushnell is now handling Simmons scope repairs and warranty work, I sent the scope to them to be repaired. The reply I received was that since the scope was over 10 years old, the warranty had expired, and to to top it off, they could no longer order the parts needed.

BOTTOM LINE: For a $10 flat shiping charge, they are sending me out a brand new Bushnell 3X9X40 Elite 3200 riflescope.

That is what I call above and beyond, and the way America used to do business when I was a kid growing up. I already own three Bushnell scpopes, and would give any of them great reviews. I will likely mount this scope on a Savage .243 used for varmint and deer hunting.

Kudos to Bushnell Optics. Dan

No comments: