Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Black Ice Coatings To Weather Proof Your Gun For Harsh Climates

I have been looking into the Black Ice treatment for my Marlin 45-70. I hope to have that done this next year in case I ever take that rifle to Alaska, or Canada for a bear, or moose hunt etc. To have the metal parts (action, receiver, barrel etc. done) is $200 including the gunsmith charge to disassemble and reassemble the gun. The stock would be another $50 to treat it with clear coat and leave the existing walnut stock color as is. For $85 the stock can be redone in your choice of camo. For my money, I would stay with the clear coat for the stock finish.

 I have already had the Wild West Happy Trigger installed and love it. I would leave the lever as is (vs.) the Big Loop levers which are all the rage these days. I have a Bushnell 1.5X4.5X Elite 3200 scope with firefly and am also happy with that set up. I have thought about doing the Ghost Ring set up on the sights along with a quick detachable scope mount, however at my age, the low power, LOW MOUNTED Bushnell suits me fine. It is fast and has a wide field of view at the lower settings.

If you would like to take a look at what Black Ice treatment is all about, here are a couple of links for you to take a peek. The first one is a TESTIMONIAL PAGE and the second one is their website. Dan

http://blackicecoatings.com/testimonials.html

http://blackicecoatings.com/          (just click on the firearms link)

No comments: