Saturday, September 14, 2013

Another Crossbow To Strongly Consider

I went to the Syracuse Gun Show today at the State Fair Grounds Center Of Progress Building. I stopped by the  AJ's  Archery booth in the back of the building. They had on display several crossbows from different manufacturers. I was pleased to see the Mission Archery MXB360 crossbow there. I picked up several different crossbows, however the moment I picked up and handled the XB360, I knew if I bought a compound crossbow this would probably be it. I would have to shoot this bow alongside of the Excalibur Matrix 380 XTRA recurve mentioned in my last post (IF I could find one locally).

I have not actually handled the Matrix 380 recurve model, however after hefting several crossbows at the archery booth and a few last week at Gander Mountain in Cicero, my taste runs for the lighter, narrower width bows. Both of these crossbows have a good reputation and both favor someone who doesn't like to sit for long periods (like me) and occasionally likes to still hunt and try  different locations based on experience hunting the same land for years.

The Mission MXB360 felt good in the hands to me as opposed to several other bows that are pushing the 8 to 9 lb range and just feel awkward for my type of hunting. Financially this year, neither bow is in my budget, however if NYS gets their act together and passes legislation to allow crossbows next year during regular archery season, that could change.

In any event, here is an informative link to the MXB360 crossbow:

http://missionarchery.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/AB12NOV_Mission.pdf

Open the link to read the article.

Dan




No comments: